1. How is the CIMMYT Institutional Repository organized?
While most of the CIMMYT Institutional Repository is open to the public, some materials are available only to CIMMYT staff. The items are organized into collections based on CIMMYT’s primary areas of work.
- Conservation Agriculture
- Genetic Resources
2. How can I refine my search?
Searching is possible many ways, to accommodate broad to specific searches: Search box and advanced search using one or more filters
3. What type of items can I find in the CIMMYT Institutional Repository?
The CIMMYT Institutional Repository is updated frequently with current and historical materials.
- Journal articles
- Books and monographs
- Lectures, speeches and presentations
4. What advantages does the CIMMYT Institutional Repository offer?
* For the public:
- Worldwide, free access to scientific work
- Transfer of knowledge to productive sectors
- Timely availability of relevant information
- Permanent, organized access and preservation
- Encourages interdisciplinary research
* For CIMMYT staff:
- Facilitates contribution to collective scholarly knowledge
- Rapid dissemination of research results
- Increased visibility online and ease of citationLong-term digital preservation of work
- A persistent URL for each item
5. Which file formats can be found in CIMMYT Institutional Repository?
Wherever possible, we store both low and high-resolution versions in formats that are least likely to deteriorate with time. In the case of historical items, we have digitized physical objects and updated from obsolete formats wherever possible. Currently we host formats such as *.txt, *.pdf, *.jpg, *.png, and the common video formats mp4, flv, avi.